TeamMates Colleges and University Partnerships and Collaboration
College and University partners first determine to include TeamMates Mentoring as part of various student, faculty or employee campus organizations.
Fulfilling at least one of the Support steps is required.
Our Colleges and University Partners provide support in the following ways:
1. Have 10% or 20 mentors (whichever is most reasonable for the group) from within the student, faculty or employee campus organization.
2. Hold a fundraiser event or be an in-part sponsor for a TeamMates event to cover the investment of at least one mentor-mentee match within their organization at $500/match.
3. Sponsor/Endow a scholarship of at least $500 for a student in the TeamMates program.
Our Campus Organizations Partners provide collaboration in the following ways: (Must fulfill all of the collaboration steps).
4. Identify an individual or small committee within the organization to serve as the liaison between the local TeamMates chapter and their organization.
a. A liaison should be someone who is currently mentoring as Teammates mentor or is interested in becoming a mentor or board member
5. Create an annual action plan that focuses on recruiting and celebrating mentors
a. Hold annual or bi-annual (small companies) and quarterly (larger companies) recruiting events within the company.
b. Recognition or appreciation events for current mentors within the organization.
6. Keep members informed of any pertinent news about TeamMates and upcoming TeamMates events in organization newsletters, bulletins or Web sites.
a. Choose a week or month to highlight the TeamMates partnership
(January is National Mentoring Month, which makes it a great time)
b. Provide opportunities for members who are already mentors to share their information about their experience at meetings
Optional Steps for TeamMates Campus Organization Partnership:
-Support TeamMates mentors by providing recognition or other assistance to allow the mentor to fulfill the one hour mentoring commitment
-Choose to have all the mentors trained on campus by a TeamMates staff member
-Choose to adopt a school in the community or select one particular school close to the campus location.
-Offer time during meetings for mentors to share their experiences and support each other in this endeavor. Create a "Mentor Club" or host a MentorNet during the semester.
-Identify individuals who could serve as TeamMates Advisory Board (subject to approval by TeamMates staff and current board members)